Monday, November 5, 2012

Let's Do This Thing

I'm trying to get back into the swing of working out after a very long break. I find it hard to exercise with any intensity while pregnant, and if you'll recall, I spent the first couple of months out of the country. I'm just too tired all the time, plus this time around I had enough trouble gaining weight without regular, rigorous exercise. After the birth I had some breastfeeding issues and went on a strict diet in hopes of correcting the problem and as a result lost all of my baby weight and a little more. Then with preparing to move and moving, I just didn't have a whole lot of extra time, as in zero. However, now that things are settling a little bit and my pants are starting to get tight, it's time to get into gear.

On the first of the month I joined the local Y, and as of today I have already been to one Zumba class.  Thankfully I'm not as out of shape as I had feared but Zumba always has a way of making me feel lame and uncoordinated. Even after learning the routines, I usually look really awkward and, thanks to the large mirrors around the room, I can see every spastic move. Oh well, I think it still counts as a workout as I am usually sweaty by the end of class.

Today I purchased some new shoes for class. The tennis shoes I have are a little tight and also really heavy, so I opted for something a little lighter and hopefully with a little bit more flexibility. Here's what they look like. I also had to get new socks. For some reason I had 3 1/2 pairs, and two of them had holes. As for the half a pair, I really have no good answer for that.

Hoping to keep my motivation up through the holidays and into the new year. There are lots of options for class times so I should be able to fit in a class 3-4 times a week fairly easily, even if I have to go while Evan is in school and drop Alec at child watch. I hope to make Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, my regular schedule. I'm currently determined to make this work, and for now that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment