Sunday, October 7, 2012

Warning: Abrasive

I feel as though I should have stickers printed up so I can wear one where ever I go. To warn people before they interact with me, that I'm in possession of an abrasive personality. I'm highly aware of this, it's not news to me and I totally understand why a lot of people would rather not hang out with me. I say what's on my mind, I often forget to keep my body language in check. I realize that most people would like things to be, for lack of a better term, sugar coated. However that's just not me. I don't really get the point. In the end it saves me from being with a bunch of people who pretend to like the person I'm pretending to be.
I do try to think about what others would prefer to hear and at least try to soften it or not say anything at all. So people don't want to hang out with me, or they just don't get me, but I'm over it by now. On the plus side, you'll always know where you stand with me. There's no second guessing or reading between the lines. I said what I meant, and I meant what I said. Those who do know me know that I'm always willing to help them out in any way that I can. If you ask me for a favor and I agree to help out, it's just that. No hidden meaning. I won't agree if I don't want to. I like to think my honesty is refreshing in the same way that a chemical peel is. Sure it burns off the first layer of skin and leaves you feeling raw for a few days, but in the end you'll be glowing. Of course it's mostly just the burning, raw feeling and not so much the glowing. Anybody know a good printer? You know for those darn stickers?

No comments:

Post a Comment