Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So Luxurious*

It's been five weeks since the birth of our second son. I've been meaning to make a post for at least two weeks now and really seriously thinking about what I would right for the last week. However, having a new baby makes certain things luxuries. In no particular order here are a few: sleeping, eating, going to the bathroom, showering, brushing your teeth, plucking your eyebrows, sitting still, watching t.v., and of course, updating your blog. Some things can't be ignored, some amount of sleep and food is required, so other things get neglected. Pretty sure I don't have to fill in the blanks on that one. 

Evan is in Preschool four mornings a week, which basically means we have to be out the door by 8:30, in order to get him there on time. When it was just Evan, this was sometimes a challenge, adding Alec has not made it any easier. This was the first week that Scott was back to work and I had to do my job all by myself, and I'm pleased to say that so far we are doing alright. I was a bit nervous, but I haven't had to skip breakfast, drop Evan off in pajamas (his or mine), or not at least done something to my hair. All things I was sure would get sacrificed at least in the beginning.

Today is Wednesday, his day off, so we are home, relaxing. Before you think I'm slacking off on the job, I'll give you the run down of our day so far.
12am- up to nurse Alec, back to sleep at 1
4:30- up to nurse Alec, back to sleep at 5:15
6:50- Evan called me in to let me know that the clock wasn't changing to wake up time (see previous post)
7am- Evan up for real, breakfast
8am- wake up Alec, nurse
8:30- Alec bath, dishes, laundry, get dressed
9:45- nurse Alec, short snooze follows
10:15- contemplate making blog post, make tuna casserole instead
11am- nurse Alec
11:20- Evan and I eat lunch
11:50- put Alec down for nap, make blog post

As you can see, I got a lot going on, I hope that you'll excuse the fact that my posts may be few and far between, at least for a little while. Try not to take the little luxuries in your life for granted. 

*The title of course is a reference to something else. Maybe you got it and maybe you didn't. True to form, it's not really necessary to know what it is referring to and I'm not going to tell you.

2 comments:

  1. Um HI, You haven't posted in almost a year, keep it up busy lady!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee thanks. It's not like I don't have anything else going on. I must confess, I haven't even read a blog post in about 9 months so some day, perhaps with the boy headed off to all day kindergarten I will have to time to blog again. Then again, maybe I won't.

    ReplyDelete