Friday, May 3, 2013

The Best Sweet Potatoes of Your Life

Typically I don't post about food or recipes that I find, and I find a lot. It's just not really my thing. Yep, food was good, don't feel the need to preach about it. However, these are seriously the best sweet potatoes you will ever taste in your entire life. You need to go out now and buy the stuff for them, and make them, and not tell anyone else in the house so that you can keep all their yummy deliciousness to yourself. This is the recipe that I used. When you go to the link you will instantly think, "Hey, she said it was for sweet potatoes and this calls for new potatoes." Just bear with me for a second, I will get to it.
Whenever I see a new recipe I always think about what I could do to change it to make it more to my liking. I'm not eating potatoes so when I saw this recipe I thought that it would be awesome with sweet potatoes, and it totally was. When you open your can of chipotles in adobo, take out what you need, then divide the rest up in snack zip locks, with one or two chilies in each. Then you can place them in the freezer and use them later. Here's what you came for, the recipe.

Chipotle Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes

3 smallish sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil

Dressing
1 chipotle chili
2 teaspoons adobo sauce
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
zest and juice from one lime

Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. Toss in olive oil, spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and cook in a 425 degree oven for 30 min, stirring once. Meanwhile make the dressing. Chop the chili and mince the garlic, add all ingredients to a bowl and mix. When the potatoes are done, add to the dressing and gently toss till coated. Then devour like you have never eaten in your life. I would also suggest cooling for a few min, so that you don't burn your mouth and therefore can't enjoy the awesomeness that is these potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment